This is a FREE five-week LIVE workshop provided by Senior University in Collaboration with the Air Force Association.
Provided free of charge with a focus on ages 65 and older, The CyberGenerations program is a series of virtual classes each Friday morning beginning May 22, 2020, from 9:00, am to 10:00 am and concludes on July 3, 2020. Participants will connect for these live events using Google Meet. The course covers basic topics of cybersecurity and provides additional resources that can help our seniors identify potential cyberattacks directed at them or their loved ones. [note: there is no class on June 12, 2020]
- Week 1 (Friday, May 22, 9:00 am to 10 am)-Introduction – Cybersecurity 101: Helps learn the basics of cybersecurity, including physical threats to cyber safety and the importance of personally identifiable information.
- Week 2 (Friday, May 29, 9:00 am to 10 am) – Password Management: The importance of maintaining good password hygiene and tips on creating strong, unique passwords.
- Week 3 – (Friday, June 5, 9:00 am to 10 am) – Common Internet Threats: Raise awareness about malware, social engineering methods (phishing, vishing, etc.) and public Wi-Fi tips to avoid becoming victims of cybercrime.
- Week 4 -(Friday, June 19, 9:00 am to 10 am)- Internet Scams and Fraud: Different types of scams targeting seniors, how to recognize false customer service calls, identity theft, and online shopping tips.
- Week 5 (Friday, June, 26, 9:00 am to 10 am)- Social Media Safety: Understanding privacy settings, becoming mindful of the various social media scams, and information about social media etiquette.
- Week 6 (Friday, July 3, 9:00 am to 10 am)Self-Help Resources: Direct contact information for government and local resources
*Self-Paced Guide acts as supplementary material with additional information on the topics discussed during the presentations.
Tickets are not available as this event has passed.