This content has been archived. It may no longer be relevant
This notice relates to in-person classes and will be updated as needed. 1/14/2022
Senior University is closely monitoring the COVID situation in Georgetown and Williamson County as there is a significant increase in the number of daily cases. The Williamson County and Cities Health Department rates the spread as HIGH. We will post updates as needed to our website.
Senior University makes every effort to provide engaging classes for you in a safe, enjoyable environment. You can help with that, not only for yourself but also for your classmates.
The Senior University Board complies with the current guidelines of the CDC, the city, the county, and the venues for our classes. With the significant increase of COVID-19 cases and as our Winter term approaches, here is a summary:
1. The CDC states that everyone over 2, should wear a mask in indoor public places if they are in an area with substantial or high transmission. If you forget to bring one, we’ll have them available at each classroom. We will place seating so you may sit in family groups but distant from other members.
2. We strongly urge all members to keep up with appropriate social distancing, hand washing, vaccinations.3. If an instructor or a venue requires the use of masks, you must wear one. At present, Southwestern University requires them. Signs will be posted on classroom doors as the situation is fluid.
- The Delaney is no longer open to visitors, we will notify affected members about a new classroom when available.
- Coffee and refreshments will not be served during these HIGH alert conditions.
- Some classes will become Zoom only.
- One class was cancelled by instructor due to health not related to COVID: Matthew Laurents.
We appreciate your patience in our rapidly changing environment. We have adjusted to changes before in 2020 and 2021 as the pandemic and the big freeze affected us. We will adjust more.
The Senior University Board